Friday, October 03, 2008

When did bodily functions become funny???

I'm just wondering, am I out of touch? Am I not as fun as the next guy? Do I not have a sense of humor?

Then how come I'm the only one in my house that thinks a joke just isn't a joke or a story just isn't a story without some mention of a bodily function in it??? I don't get why the word "fart" is an instant reason to laugh. I mean really.

Maybe I am losing it. Maybe I don't have a sense of humor. Maybe it's me.

Or maybe it's who I live with. . .two 14 yr olds, a 12 yr old, an 11 yr old and a 42 yr old.....All boys!

4 comments:

Sister Pottymouth said...

It's definitely a boy thing.

We've started implementing an automatic 3-minute timeout at the bottom of the stairs any time someone toots or belches anywhere besides the bathroom. It's cut down on a lot of the olfactory offences, but of course, once the boys are in bed, the rules don't apply to the biggest offender of them all.

(That would be Phil, not me. Just in in case there was any question in your mind.)

NiHao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NiHao said...

Be grateful that the offending word is only spoken of and not purposely illustrated...lol.

I'm not sure why bodily functions are often viewed as funny. Maybe its because they seem to surface at embarassing moments at which point you either laugh or become mortifed. Either way, there isn't a graceful exit from the situation so you may as well laugh.

As a side note, it would seem unfair that the men are the ones that get labled as those who find humor in crude bodily functions when I've known plenty of women who laugh it up over the same thing when they congregate in their respective covens...er, bookclubs.

Sister Pottymouth said...

HEY! No attacking Book Group. You are intruding on sacred territory, bro. (You'll get it tonight, believe you me.)